HERE ARE SOME OF THE TIPS ON KEEPING YOUR TEETH WHITE
A beautiful smile starts with great white teeth, and here are some teeth whitening (sometimes referred to as "teeth brightening," "teeth whitining," or "teeth whiteing") tips that are useful for people of all age groups. As soon as you see any signs of stains or discoloration of the teeth, you should consult your dentist to develop an action plan. Follow the dentist’s advice and brush your teeth twice everyday (in the morning and evening) as well as floss regularly if possible. Try to floss after every meal or at least those meals that you know will leave remains in between your teeth. Food remains in the teeth decay quickly forming cavities and thus, rotting your teeth; once you have your adult teeth and loose them the only option is to replace them with false ones as teeth don’t grow back or regenerate. In order to keep your teeth white, the best tip for everyday is to brush them using whitening toothpaste. Ask your dentist to recommend the most effective brand that is available in all drug and department stores in a large variety of flavors.
Besides brushing your teeth with teeth whitening toothpaste, which is one of the best daily cares you can practice you can also use the whitening strips that are applicable directly to the teeth; there are also whitening pens and brushes with which you can whiten your teeth by applying directly. However, it is very important you follow the teeth whitening tips on the box EXACTLY as these products contain peroxide, which can be harmful in large doses. Laser whitening by your dentist is another tip that is widely used. Laser teeth whitening procedures will last you for several years if you follow the above-mentioned teeth whitening tips of brushing your teeth twice a day with whitening toothpaste as well as flossing regularly.
• Brush your teeth at least twice a day with whitening toothpaste to maintain your whitened teeth.
• Unlike the teeth whitening procedures, performed by a dentist that may whiten your teeth up to 15 shades, at-home bleaching products will only whiten your teeth from one to three shades, depending on the tooth’s discoloration.
• If your teeth are too dark or you experience too much discomfort during the treatments, consider porcelain veneers on specific discolored teeth.
• Baking soda can be used to whiten teeth at home but be very careful to use only a small amount of baking soda and brush your teeth with it thoroughly twice a week.
• Quit smoking in order to prevent future teeth discoloration.
• It is essential to maintain excellent oral hygiene to maximize the longevity of the whitening treatment.
• Many dentists advice to use a straw when drinking soft drinks, coffee, tea as it may increase the chance of staining.
• You may experience teeth sensitivity to hot or cold after the bleaching treatment but it will fade after a few days.
• The whitening gels, strips, toothpastes work only on natural teeth. Whitening toothpastes remove only surface stains and don’t contain bleach that may change your tooth’s structure.
• At-home whitening products contain a lower strength-bleaching agent from 1 to 10 percent carbamide peroxide.
• People with gum diseases or teeth with worn enamel shouldn’t use at-home whitening products.
• The most common side effects of at-home teeth whitening are increase in tooth sensitivity and mild irritation of the soft tissues of the mouth.
• When selecting a whitener always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
• Avoid eating sweets and sugars to prevent teeth decay.
•Remember that general mouth hygiene is a must.·Get regular dental cleanings to remove food and tobacco stains
•Always consult a dentist to see which method of teeth whitening will be best for you
4959 Arlington Avenue, Suite F
Riverside, CA 92504